2012-01-22

headin' south

headin' south


I took Murphy for a walk on some trails in the south end this morning hoping to catch a glimpse of maybe a Coyote or a Deer. I went armed with my 1DMk2N with 300 f/4 and my G12 for some scenics. No luck on the Coyote or Deer, but I'll keep trying. I did see a Coyote walk 20 meters in front of my vehicle a few weeks back when I was driving out of one of our work properties ... maybe I'll head back there and set up one morning.

What I did see over and over were various sized formations of Canada Geese flying overhead, honking and making quite a racket as they start "headin' south". Winter seems to be arriving, late for sure, but there's snow on the ground and the ponds are freezing over. The weather forecast is for rising temperatures and some rain in the next few days. "What gives?" It's supposed to be winter and well ... the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a "Very Wet Stormy Cold" Winter.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment