2012-03-14

winter sun - published in PhotoNews

winter sun

I am pleased to have my photo, winter sun published in the latest edition of PhotoNews. I entered the image in their reader Challenge - Winter Wonderland.
The image was blogged as my Photo of the Week for 2011-01-17,

I've not submitted many photos to magazines or contests because they generally require the photographer to sign away the rights to the image quite extensvely. PhotoNews has very photographer friendly terms for the use of the image in their publication, in fact they do it they way I think it sould be done so I give them KUDOS.

I intend to submit more to PhotoNews and a select few other publications ... we'll see where this leads.

Cheers,
DJE

8 comments:

  1. WOW.. DOUG!!! NO WORDS..this is incredible.. !!!EVEN more incredible would have been to be there on that day... in that moment.. LUCKY YOU!! FANTASTIC!!What a gift and an eye you have!!
    Andrea..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Andrea.
      It was a grand day and a grand feeling ... cold, crisp and clear.

      Delete
  2. Very Nice Douglas, despite some good weather in VA, this picture makes me want to grab a coat and good sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you miss the weather up here OB ..... NOT

      Delete
  3. Did you know...(in your "about me" profile picture) you look a lot like Paul Sr from "American Choppers".

    In a good way of course :-)

    TOB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... minus the moustache, tats and "guns"
      ROFL

      Delete
  4. June Smith - Mar. 15/12

    That truly is a beautiful shot Doug. Maybe I'll try a rendition of it. I am in the Art Show at Centennial on Mar. 24/25th again, but I am sure you are far too busy right now (maybe one of these days).
    JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JS. I'll try to drop by the show if I can. I would like to see your rendition of this image.
      Cheers

      Delete