2012-03-12

Photo of the Week 2012-03-12

The Fences of Scotsdale

A return trip to Scotsdale Farm during some recent severe weather provided great opportunities for images.

This time I dragged Alan, another photographer, along to hike some of the trails and fields. The wind was gusting like I haven't seen in years. It sounded like thunder as it ripped through the barren forest trees whipping them around, bending them to the point of breaking branches on many and trunks for some . We needed to lean into the wind as we made our way off the Bruce Trail, across an open field.
In the middle of the field I turned to look back and saw this scene. I stopped to make several compositions, some capturing the fences, some the blowing dormant field grass.

Near the end of the outing, I was called away to deal other matters and I just dropped the camera at home, forgetting leaving the images on the card. Several days later I formatted the card thinking they had been downloaded to my Lightroom library. When I eventually went looking for them to evaluate what I had captured I was surprised not to find them. My usual routine of removing the memory card, importing the images and reformatting the card for next use had given way to urgent personal matters. I learned a bit of an important lesson hear.

Thanks to a bit of recovery software I was able to retrieve all but a couple of files from the formatted card. There are a few keepers in the bunch.

DJE

3 comments:

  1. This week please go to an Irish Farm :-)

    Very nice picture, TOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a Vanhalen Concert photo? ACC March 17th!!!

    ReplyDelete