2011-01-16

Photo of the Week 2011-01-17

winter sun


I went to TO today with Lynn and decided on a walk around Bluffers Park while she visited her mother. I had expected to capture the texture and structure of the bluff slope ... but the winter sun and sky were just so beautiful. I know there is lens flare all through this image but I wanted to see how the 17-85 would handle shooting direct into the sun with no hood (it's on order) and .... I always shoot into the sun, screw the rules !

I
made quite a few images shooting south off the point at Bluffers Park over the water and into bright sun with strong specular reflection on the water. All of the images show a high degree of flare and aperture ghosting. I expect this when shooting in these conditions but with luck it does not show up in a highly distracting manner and the result can be very dramatic as in the image above.

Not only did I get some great shots, but I got to spend some time outside enjoying the great sunshine and brisk air. Time flew and by the time I thought to check my watch, it was time to head for the car and go pick up Lynn.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment