2011-01-09

Photo of the Week 2011-01-10

light through winter forest


Many of my recent posts have included images from trips planned solely for the purpose of photography. It is quite inspiring to visit different locations selected for their unique look or features, however there are photo opportunities everywhere.

For Christmas, I received a yearly pass to the Halton Region Conservation areas not far from home. These have some great trails with many areas including stretches of the Bruce Trail along with the many side trails and loops. Lynn and I have been taking advantage of the pass and heading out for hikes along these trails to get out for a little activity and downtime from the rest of life. This weekend we chose Mountsberg Conservation area and headed out with Murphy and a couple of cameras.

I am always drawn to look towards the light as the sun streams through clouds or trees and on the trails around Mountsberg early Sunday morning, we wove our way through a variety of forest growth, marsh and field. Always, I was drawn to the light of the sun beaming down from clear blue skies, flashing from behind trees, blasting through tufts of snow as the breeze dislodged them from branches overhead. I worked to capture what I saw and felt. With just a touch of help from Photoshop CS5 .... this image is it.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment