2012-01-02

Photo of the Week 2012-01-02

succumbed


My annual trip up to Tobermory between Christmas and New Years Day started out on the 27th in grey drab conditions that soon turned to rain. I eagerly anticipate some of the first real winter conditions of the season to set the tone on this trip. Needless to say, I was not enthused by rain ... until it turned to sleet, then wet-snow and eventually large fluffy flakes falling near vertically as we turned east back to Hwy 6 from Red Bay.

The road passed by a large wetland marked with barren, near dead trees. The snow was so heavy at this point, it provided a fog like background and some surreal atmosphere for my images. As I walked along the roadside working different compositions, a branch of one fallen tree seemed to be reaching up as it succumbed to the wetlands grasp.

... another very successful photo trip, with (hopefully) more images to come in this blog ... before they succumb to the wasteland of my hard-drive.

DJE

1 comment:

  1. Great image.

    I like how the branch is there, in front, grabbing the eye, covering the middle, yet the entire image fades away into the far distance.

    The falling snow provides the shiver of cold that winter brings.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete