2012-01-16

Photo of the Week 2012-01-16

forest sentry


In addition to just getting out and enjoying a walk on a new trail with Lynn and Murphy, it's a bonus when I come across a great scene to photograph.

On Saturday, the mid-afternoon temperature was around -9*C and we were hiking a section of the Cambridge Mill Run Trail west of Guelph Ave. Following the path along the Speed River we could see Murphy's breath in the cold air as he took the point like he always does. There's something about a hike on cold, crisp, bright days ...

DJE

4 comments:

  1. Andrea Cartwright16 January 2012 at 06:26

    Wow.....Magical Doug...another fav.....!!!I was hiking on the Bruce Trail early Sunday morning..very crisp indeed..lol.. but the scenery was so pretty...Terrain was a little icey but worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trails can be very interesting in winter. Thanks for dropping by and commenting Andrea.

      Delete
  2. Wow, it looks beautiful. You do great photography! I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia, I really enjoy making my images. Photography moves me to open my eyes to what is around me.

      Delete