2012-01-01

First Light 2012

... again, the challenge, "First Light" of the New year.

First Light 2012



Shot for our annual "First Light Challenge". This year 3 of us went out in Guelph to capture the first light of 2012. It was tough sluggin' since sunrise at 7:54 am was masked by a thick blanket of cloud throwing only cold blue diffused light over everything. After walking away from this bridge to shoot nearby, I noticed a small break in the cloud on the horizon and returned to scurry back down the riverbank to compose this shot with the light under the bridge ... shot at 8:09 am, just after official sunrise.

Thanks to Allan England (no relation that I know of) and his images on flickr for reminding me that Ultra-Wide rocks. I grabbed my EF-S 10-22 to take with me on this mornings outing and used it for this image.


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012
!!

DJE

1 comment:

  1. A good tradition - absolutely. Shows character. Not sure what -kind- of character but it shows...

    Seriously - a great shot.

    I'm always trying to remind myself to bring that "other" lens/filter, to try "looking behind me", etc. Pretty much most of the time, if I do, I get a better shot than what I had planned or expected to get.

    ReplyDelete