2013-07-08

Photo of the Week 2013-07-08

Between a 50th birthday celebration for a friend Friday night, a (non-photography) trip up to Tobermorey Saturday and waking up with a migraine on Sunday, there wasn't much opportunity for photography this weekend ...

... so when I was sitting on the porch Sunday morning (make that mid-morning) having my first coffee of the day, looking at the Yucca in our front garden, I decided it would make a good subject for a photographic study.

For whatever reason, this Yucca only flowers every few years and the combination of sun and rain this year must have been right because it's putting on quite a display. I wanted to capture it while in full bloom and made a number of exposures with different lenses between the rain showers. The exercise challenged me to find ways to capture the essence of what was attracting my attention in the wet, hazy, subdued morning light. Ultimately I decided to create another collage using several of the Yucca images.


(click on the image to enlarge)

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment