2013-07-22

Photo of the Week 2013-07-22

Recently, a discussion with a friend, who is also a member of our photo critique group, led to the subject of sketching and creativity. I mentioned that I really liked the look of sketches, particularly those done with pencil or pen and ink and admire artist who create works using  these media. He suggested some books on the subject and kindly lent me his copy of  "the Creative License" which I began reading immediately.

... fast forward to a warm summer evening, downtown cafe, espresso/lattes, 3 friends and some discussions on things photographic. We talked about many things including post processing images as "photographic art". I was motivated to go back to images in my library to process images in the style of a sketch. I ultimately selected 4 images from a 2012 trip and created a series entitled "Manitoulin Memories". I can see these hanging on the walls very soon. Here is just one from the set.


across the fields ... and far away


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment