2011-10-24

Photo of the Week 2011-10-24

Sunrise at Lighthouse Lake


On the final day in Killarney, we decided against hiking the Chikanishing Trail
because of an ailing knee belonging to my travel companion. There was enough else yet to see and photograph so we headed back to the area near the lighthouse in the town of Killarney.

A section of Lighthouse Lake near the car park was particularly interesting with pines along the shoreline and several contrasting areas showing fall colour. As I walked out onto a rock point jutting into the lake, the sun starting to break over some pines to illuminate trees along the west shore. I sat listening to the sounds of morning and waited for the sun to rise enough to reach the red leaves and made my image, or images to be more precise.

In order to show detail in both the shaded foreground and brightly lit shoreline in the distance, I resorted to High Dynamic Range processing.
The image above is the product of 3 exposures (-2,0,+2) processed in Photoshop CS5 with NIK HDR Efex Pro. I think it conveys the morning scene quite well.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment