2011-10-03

Photo of the Week 2011-10-03

mistical beast


I've written about this at least one before, and it is worth repeating again ... "the best camera, is the one that you have with you".

...no camera, no image ... that is why I travel virtually everywhere with a camera. Oh sure there are cameras in just about every cell phone available today but I'm talking about something a little better. Cell phone cameras a fine for the casual photographer and may even do in a pinch for those who are more serious. I travel with a G12 close at hand the majority of the time and I get some seriously high quality images with this high end "point & shoot".

... case in point, I was on my way to the second stop of my work day on Friday morning. It was a misty early fall morning with the rising sun obscured by a dense layer of fog gently moving through the low lying fields and ravines. Turning onto a local concession road, I noticed some horses on the side of a hill with the sun pushing through the fog behind them the scene was too good to pass by. A few moments later I was back on my way and looking forward to the evening when I could download the images and enjoy what I had captured ... "mistical beast" is my favourite of the bunch.

An interesting background note is that following my photo outing last week where I also captured images in the mist, my companion on that day remarked that he had always wanted to find a white horse in a misty field ... guess I scooped him.

DJE

2 comments:

  1. Have camera, will travel, and get the shot!

    Ian
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete