2011-10-10

Photo of the Week 2011-10-10

This week I found it more difficult to pick a "photo of the week" with Canadian Thanksgiving and the spectacular local fall colours competing with my recent trip to Killarney Provincial Park and my library of images.

Why my library of images? Because I have been going through all the digital images and scans I have going back to 2002 as I prepare for a Photo Show 'n Sale with some fellow local photographers during the Guelph Studio Tour, Oct 14,15,16. Our group has arranged for a room in Dublin United Church, Guelph to show our work concurrent with the studio tour. I've been busy reviewing the library, preparing images for printing and burning through ink and paper to get ready for the show. It's always great to go back through the library and see what I have, where I've been photographically.

This aside, I simply cannot choose anything other than a Killarney image for this week. I've been planning for my trip to this location for almost two years and ...
... WOW, what a place. My main goal was to make the day-hike to "The Crack" and capture some sweeping landscape vistas of the quartzite white LaCloche mountain canvas painted with fall colours.

Autumn arrives at "The Crack"


I can hardly leave you with just one image from "The Crack" ...

This from the trail across the quartzite as we came out of the forest and had our destination in sight.
almost there


This showing the mystical white rock that makes the place very special.
cracked view



This at the edge of "The Crack" that you climb to get to the top, the view is the reward for your efforts.

Guardians


In my mind, I'm still there ...
takin' it all in...


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment