2010-02-22

Photo of the Week 2010-02-22

This weekend I made my 3rd visit to Muskoka Wildlife Centre to photograph some of the captive animals they have rescued from various situations. Expectations were high for shooting the wolves in full winter coat with snowy backgrounds.

I was certainly able to get a number of great shots of the wolves but the real surprise came at the Cougar enclosure where I was able to find a vantage point shooting through a gap at the gate entrance. Kneeling and shooting from a low vantage point I was able to capture images of this large 180 lb male as he came to investigate. Looking through the camera lens you can get a rush as the focus locks on the eyes and this beautiful animal more than fills the frame.

It was snack time for Kokanee as he approached with purpose and ...

“hungry eyes”


More images to come from this day of shooting I'm sure ...

No comments:

Post a Comment