2010-02-09

Enchanting Everton Cascade

There are some locations that are pure magic for photography. Everton Cascade is just such a place.

Some time ago after seeing an image of this cascade from another photographer on flickr, I set out to find Everton, a small community NE of Guelph, where the Eramosa River is squeezed through a narrow gorge and cascades over several small limestone falls.
My first visit left me enchanted with the area knowing I would return more than once. That was over two years ago, I have been back three times since and it’s not enough. Each time I visit this place I find the tranquil sound of the water and the surroundings calming and inspirational.

Everton 2007 (2007-12-23)


After being there once, I knew that I had to return when the ice was gone and summer colours would transform the scenes. Everton did not disappoint. There area presents tricky footing and to get the shot below I almost had to tie myself off to one of the cedars growing at the edge of the gorge so I could get the view that I wanted. This is one of my personal favourite shots.

Everton - cascade (2008-08-02)


My most recent visit was on a cold winter morning and again Everton did not disappoint. The ice formations on the river are always different and enhance the atmosphere of the location in winter, whether I'm capturing the smaller details, portions of the area or the grander scene.

Everton - ice detail (2010-02-07)


Everton is truly an enchanting location to photograph, more to come as time goes on ...
DJE

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment Sarah.
    DJE

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured a true meaning of beautiful....

    ReplyDelete