2010-02-08

Photo of the Week 2010-02-08

On a brisk, -12*C, Saturday morning with the promise of sun to break the monotony of grey overcast skies, I headed out for Rockwood Conservation Area with the desire to hike the trails south of the river for a while to see what visual treasures they might offer. I had hoped for a chance to find a lookout to capture the frozen Eramosa River from above but not being familiar with the area I kept to the trails and eventually found myself back down at water level at the south-east corner of the park.
The sun was rising over the tree line, still casting shadows out over the frozen river and the sky to the north was cool morning blue and streaked with interesting cloud patterns. I wanted an image that would emphasize the sky and there were some tall pines adding an element of interest.

Rockwood winter morning

No comments:

Post a Comment