2010-02-16

Montreal - during a recent visit

A business commitment in Montreal last week provided the opportunity to stay a few extras days to enjoy the city. Lynn came along to visit some family and check out the sights while I did my photo thing.
Surfing around flickr while planning the trip, I found images from the
Quartier Latin and Le Plateau districts that really interested me so I set out to discover the areas and capture some of their character.

green stairs and garbage cans


The multi level dwellings and steel stairs are iconic Montreal. The neighbourhood around Parc Lafontaine has examples on every street. I had the opportunity to walk around the area on a couple of occasions during this visit. The area is simply unique and great subject matter for photography.

blue stairs


... little pink houses ...


stair, stairs and more stairs ....


stairs and wires


I'm looking forward to the next visit and perhaps another area of this lovely city.
DJE



No comments:

Post a Comment