2021-01-18

Photo of the Week 2021-01-18

 
Having someone along who enjoys exploring as much as I do helped me get this week's shot. My son Jordan loves exploring outdoors and wanted to see some waterfalls on our recent trek to the cottage, so we made a stop at Jones Falls.
 
Jones From Below

Jordan was rather eager to try and get below the falls. I knew from previous visits that there was a way to descend into the gorge and signs led to a point that looked a bit sketchy covered with ice and snow. Exploring a bit further, we found a much easier option and without ice cleats and winter hikers, were able to get down to river level.
 
Getting an image from this vantage point had been on my list for some time. Although conditions weren't perfect for photography, I'll take what I got  and consider it a decent first attempt.
 
Notes: I did not bring a tripod with me on what was expected to be just a quick, short trek. As I do with HDR captures in cases like this, using the highest frame rate of the camera, 4fps for the EOS M3, I made a number of hand held exposures then imported some as layers in Photoshop, auto aligned the layers, stacked them as a smart object and set the blend mode to mean for a flowing water effect. The result was processed as I normally would with plugins (i.e.Topaz, Anthropics, or ON1)
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment