2017-03-06

Photo of the Week 2017-03-06

Selecting a single photo for a local exhibition of work from the Guelph Photographer's Guild at Einstein's Café was not as difficult as you might think. My Library is comprised of tens of thousands of original captures, thousands of of which have been processed and posted online or printed but ... there is one image that, for me, that has always stood out from all others.

'Sky Stones' is an image that I made a number of years ago and for me has stood the test of time. What I found surprising is that I've never posted it as my Photo of the Week ... likely because it was made long enough ago to be before I started this blog. I've used the image as a key piece for shows and display over the years and recently gave away a large print as a gift to special friends for their new office.

No significant processing trickery, just rocks in still waters on a calm day combined with the reflection of a cloudy sky ...

Sky Stones

My framed fine art prints, 'Sky Stones' and 'Lady in the Mist', are both on display and for sale along with other work from Guelph Photographer's Guild members at Ensteins Café in Guelph, March through April.


Lady in the Mist
Drop by for lunch or dinner and have a look at some great work.




DJE

4 comments:

  1. Both images are exquisite Doug but I have to admit Sky Stones is spectacular! What a wonderful gift for your friends. I will be at Einstein's for dinner tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing the GPG Exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by the blog and commenting Shari. Enjoy your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes 'exquisite' is the right adjective to describe both of these images. Both images also embody spiritual depth; the compositions came, I am certain, from the soul not from the mind!

    ReplyDelete