2017-03-27

Photo of the Week 2017-03-27

I really enjoy finding a gem hidden in the rough. With a little cleaning and polishing they can really shine :-)

Previously hidden or at least overlooked among hundreds of images made during a trip to Newfoundland in 2011, I stubbed my toe on this one as I was scanning through the library. Looking for something suitable to print and frame as a gift for someone who loves Newfoundland, this image of an iconic seaside home near Tors Cove jumped out at me.

Seaside Setting
Wondering why this stood out and grabbed my attention now, more than it did during an initial review of the files from the trip ... I can only think it was because I was looking for something particular to suit a square crop. The original image is 3x4 aspect ratio as captured in camera with a Canon G12 and although decent, the right side of the image is rather blah. That's likely the reason it did not make the cut during initial editing. ... but with a square crop in mind that would focus on the house, it actually worked nicely. A little processing and an artistic vignette finished it off perfectly.

... now printed, framed and gifted for cousin Amanda's birthday.

Yet again, I am reminded that I should go back through the image collection from time to time, "there's gold in them thar' hills".  

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment