2016-08-29

Photo of the Week 2016-08-29

During a recent paddle on Hay Bay, we headed into Ragged Bight, an inlet at the head of the bay, to check out the cottages and summer activity from the water. You get a completely different impression from the water. Viewing things from roadside...

Roadside, the back, and there is a bit of a story around what is back and front at our place, so let me take a moment to set the record straight ...

When we were looking for a place a few years back, we looked in Southampton, Sauble Beach and other places where properties were not on the water. They weren't what I had mind when I thought "cottage". To me a cottage is a "waterfront" property, it has water "frontage", hence the front of the cottage faces the water, at least it does at our place ... in my opinion and what other opinion really matters right?

This of course is a regular point of of discussion with guests and of course Lynn. I don't get why everyone is confused. It's really quite simple (to me). Water = Front, Road = Back. That's all there is to it. So if you ever come visit, get it straight please.
 ;-)

... shows you a different side (the back) and I see that side on our drive in, on our drive out, on my regular morning walks with Murphy. Seeing things from the water (the front) is a fresh look and I found some interesting scenes that warranted breaking the camera out of the dry-bag to make a few images. The one below captures a dock that has seen better days and a property that I imagine doesn't see much activity, but it makes for a nice waterside scene with some character and invites you to make up your own background story. 

this old dock
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment