2016-08-01

Photo of the Week 2016-08-01

I didn't expect anything dramatic from sunset on Saturday evening so instead of heading out in the kayaks for another show, we decided to light a shore side fire and just sit and relax.

Not long after I got the fire started, some colour began to spread across the sky. That was enough for me to grab a camera and work my way as far offshore as I could on foot. Stepping from one exposed rock to the next, I managed to get out as far as our former fire pit (now under water with the lake level up) to get this view.

Hay Bay Sunset 2016-07-30
Now that we're well past summer solstice, the sun is setting further to the south and soon will drop below the horizon in full view from the location I made this image. Not just for the varied evening skies but for the position of the sun, these evening scenes are ever changing ... and I enjoy every one.

DJE

1 comment: