2015-08-24

Photo of the Week 2015-08-24

After noticing an immature Bald Eagle sitting on the rock at our shoreline early in my latest week of vacation at the cottage, I began keeping watch in the mornings. A couple of days later I was treated t a fly-by from one of the parents, though not as close as I would have liked.


Since these encounters,  I've spent an hour or so each morning around 7:00 am, sitting at the shore with coffee and camera hoping for a chance at an image from a much closer distance. Still, just seeing these magnificent birds in their natural environment is a thrill.

Sunday morning I sat and watched as the juvenile flew across the mouth of the bay and met up with the adult. Much to far off for anything other than a shot like this ...



DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment