2014-04-08

The power of photos ...

I believe in the power of photos and I am reminded of their power again today, and how important it is to share them, print them and pass them on. One such photo that has been passed down to me is of my Grandfather Ernie.

69 Years ago today he was killed in action in Holland. Obviously I never got to meet him, but what I do "know" of him comes from stories that are few, and photos that are fewer.
On April 8th of every year I pause to look at this photo and reflect on his sacrifice and what life may have been like, had he and others not made the choice.

Sgt. Ernest James Garfield England

B67380
Canadian Reconnaissance Regiment14th Canadian Hussars
Killed in action April 8th, 1945

Somewhere along my Photographic Journey, I thought to stop and create the tribute image below ... and yes it is printed to pass on.


In Remembrance

DJE 

No comments:

Post a Comment