2014-04-07

Photo of the Week 2014-04-07

Spring on the Bruce ... this weekend I wanted to make images showing the arrival of spring.

Driving north to the cottage after work on Friday, I could see that with the arrival of spring, the snow cover had begun to diminish. Large roadside drifts now seemed less uhhmmm ... large. Open areas of the landscape were laid bare from the warm stare of the sun and spring rains. The runoff waters had begun to flow.

Arriving near dusk, there was still enough light to see the frozen surface of the bay flooded from the afternoon rain, the setting sun reflecting off the still puddle surfaces. After unloading the car and getting settled in, I went back to have a look and it was gone, lost to the darkness, at least until tomorrow, I thought.

Waking in the morning, it was still gone. A fresh dusting of (April) snow had arrived overnight and with temperatures below freezing, spring's complexion had changed. Undaunted, I still had in mind to make images depicting the arrival of spring this weekend, so off in search of them I went, with Lynn and Murphy.

A drive down Warner Bay Rd. and Eagle Rd. provided some new roadside scenery that whet my photographic appetite.


Early Spring on The Bruce
DJE

1 comment:

  1. I like this picture. Reminds me of some of the small creeks up around Lake Simcoe where I was born. Spring is in the air.
    Gord

    ReplyDelete