2014-04-28

Photo of the Week 2014-04-28

Rarely, there will be a photo outing or weekend where I'm not particularly satisfied with any of the images I make. This past weekend was one of those times when I joined a number of other photographers from the Guelph Photographers Guild on an outing to McLean's Auto Wreckers. This is a location I have been to before, and where I can usually find something inspiring to capture.
Such was not the case on Saturday. Although I made a number of images of deteriorating paint, rusting metal and broken glass, I came away with images that left me unsatisfied, at least to this point. Maybe it was the dull overcast day. Maybe it was the cold, damp weather. Maybe I just wasn't seeing it. Who knows?
Maybe one day further along in my journey I will come back to the set of images in my library and have something catch my interest. For now though, I'm not that excited about any of them. Rather than look for in the archive for an image this week, I've decided to share one that I've processed to bring out the grit and texture I found in the junkyard.

beyond repair
Not every outing is as successful as I would like it to be. 

DJE

5 comments:

  1. In a silly way I am glad to read that you weren't happy with your pics - sometimes, especially after having been photowalking with a group, it seems that I am the only one who doesn't happily spew photos all over the interwebs minutes after returning home. Ever so slightly exaggerated, of course. ;) I have found that oftentimes this is due to the magnificent experience of being out there, in nature or elsewhere, and then the photos just seem dull and insignificant when I review them on a monitor. They simply can't recreate the feeling I had when taking them, kwim? And then, like you point out, when revisiting the folder of images a while later, all of a sudden I find several photos that I have fun working on, and blogging or whatnot.

    I like your rust photo - I am partial to decay and dereliction, especially in combination with nature. There's a junkyard not too far from my sister's home, I am planning a trip there in a month from now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, I do kwym. I enjoyed my outing, just not the results ... yet ;-)

      Thanks again for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of like the colors of this one...

    ReplyDelete