2014-05-05

Photo of the Week 2014-05-05

It seemed a while since I had set out on a purposful photo specific outing while staying at the cottage. Most of the images I had been making on "the Bruce", since my First Light outing the morning of Jan 1st, were made while out walking Murphy, hiking with Lynn and the boys or short solo jaunts here and there. Not that any of that is a bad thing, but Lynn had recognized that I needed something more focused and urged me to get out solo for some shooting. So that's what I did.

When I got up around 5:30 Saturday morning and looked outside, there was a breeze that appeared to have blown away any chance of fog hanging around. Disappointed, I settled in to sit and have coffee and enjoy some quiet time. I kept an eye on conditions outside and within 30 minutes as it was brightening outside, a thick blanket of fog descended over the water of the bay and I gathered up my gear.

I had a couple of locations in mind that I had been wanting to photograph shrouded in mist. Off I went (to test my new BOGS boots if I strayed too far into spring meltwaters) and a few hours later, I had a number of images I was eager to see on the PC display. Here's a sample.

awakening
There are a number that will likely make it into framed prints for the portfolio or gallery in Tobermory.
:-)

DJE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment