2014-05-11

Photo of the Week 2014-05-12 ... well, actually May 11, Mothers Day

Recently, in an email I received from a friend responding to my Photo of the Week Blog posts, there was some thoughtful feedback.  Plus someone I had not heard from in a while had taken the time to write and comment about a number of my images. In particular, there was mention of how she enjoyed my non-nature work, how she "would like to see what I could bring to everyday things" and the suggestion to maybe "get out of the woods for a while".

It's always nice to friends and I appreciated the sincerity of the email. It got me thinking and although I'm sure I won't be out of the woods for long, I did focus on something different this weekend.

Mothers Day 2014
I challenged myself to create an image from my Mothers day visit with Mom, that would convey the feeling of our time together and the relationship we enjoy. I'm satisfied with the result. 

Thanks for the suggestion Janice ;-)

4 comments:

  1. This put a smile on my face. The picture says it all. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karol. The time spent with my mother put a smile on my face... and she enjoyed getting out in the sun and fresh air for a few hours.

      Delete
  2. During days that we worked together, I remember many stories of your visits with your Mom and how dear they were to you. Your picture captures it wonderfully. I'm sure you contributed greatly to a terrific Mother's Day for her. Thanks for sharing your pictures, I look forward to the next and the next... Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Kim and thanks for the kind words. I miss the days with stories and conversation of mothers, family, friends and pets.
      Keep Well,
      D

      Delete