2013-10-28

Photo of the Week 2013-10-28

I'm working through my Italy image library and have actually made it to day 3 ... LOL

On our third day, we travelled from Rome to Pompeii for a tour of the archaeological site. I had preconceived expectations of plaster cast figures, placed precisely where the victims were discovered, as I had seen in so many photos. Once we arrived I quickly became caught up making images of what we were being shown, neglecting to ask where or if the plaster casts could be seen ... until near the end of our tour and we were at the point of exit. As it was, I got a number of interesting shots and surprisingly found the coloured frescoes preserved in some of the buildings to be captivating subject matter.

The Colours of Pompeii
The images can be seen individually in a set here, on my flickr site. I have already printed this collage which will be framed and displayed in the house. Perhaps some of the individual images will be as well.

Saluté
DJE 

No comments:

Post a Comment