2013-10-06

Photo of the Week 2013-10-07



One of the things that struck me most in Rome, particularly while in the historical district, was the rich patina the time has painted over the city. Buildings, roads, sculptures, monuments and of course the iconic ruins have all had their appearance enriched by the mask of time. Everywhere I looked, my inner voice would shout, "... wow", "look at that", "oh my" or some other phrase in wonderment and awe of the rich details in the scene before me.

The time worn look of cobble stone streets ...
cobbled up


Windows and doors down a gritty side street ...
A Side Street in Rome


Ancient ruins with years of exposure to the elements ...
Forum III

They were in abundance, everywhere I looked.

I continue to work through the catalogue of images from our trip. Stopping to consider some in more detail, working on some intermittently, trying to get past the first day or two. I'm enjoying them so much, this may take a while ...


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment