2012-05-21

Photo of the Week 2012-05-21

battered but bloomin'

When I head out to shoot trilliums in the spring, I always look for an example of the purple variety, trillium erectum. This year, my favourite location for shooting Ontario's provincial flower did not yield many purple specimens in good health. All that were there seemed distressed, I assume it was due to the unusual spring weather we had experienced.

After a while of searching around the UofG Arboretum, bending over and crawling around, I noticed one flower in particular with a dew drop forming on one of the sepals. Shooting with a shallow depth of field, the forest floor in the background blurred very nicely to provide a complimentary setting for this image.

Although distressed and battered, this purple beauty was still bloomin'

No comments:

Post a Comment