2012-05-28

Photo of the Week 2012-05-28

... time to break out the infrared camera.

backyard stairs - IR
I haven't been satisfied with much of my photography in recent weeks. At times I've really just been going through the motions hoping I'd end up with some respectable images. 

When I get into a creative slump like this, it's time to change things up a bit. The change can be going to a new location, switching up subject matter or any number of other things that force me to see differently. In this case, I broke out the camera that I had converted to infrared (IR) and headed out with some friends to add to my portfolio of Guelph images. Working in IR removes the influence and familiarity of colour in my images putting the emphasis on form, line, tone and texture even more so than regular black and white.

Our destination was St. Patrick's Ward and some of the grand old properties of the neighbourhood. Aside from the relaxing morning walk, I actually made a few images that show some promise and I may have broken out of the slump ... we'll see
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment