2012-02-27

Photo(s) of the Week 2012-02-27

This past week I was east of Toronto with my mother for a few days. Daily I traveled from Brooklin to Oshawa taking Simcoe St. past the now abandoned Windfields Farms of the late E.P. Taylor. Formerly a 6 square kilometer Canadian horse breeding facility, Windfields has always caught my eye and I finally decided to stop and make some images.

Windfields Gates


The legacy of Windfields Farm will live on in Canadian and horse racing history. These are the main gates to E.P. Taylor's once thriving Windfields Farm. Beyond these gates, the final resting place of Northern Dancer.

The property will soon be consumed by urban development. Reportedly, the grave of Northern Dancer and 15 other horses will be preserved in a memorial garden.

... more from my brief stop at Windfields Farm.
Windfields Lane


Windfields Debris


Windfields Fences


Windfields Fences II


I must plan a return visit before it is gone ...

DJE

2 comments:

  1. www.savewindfields.com is where we start the fight to ensure it gets preserved as it should be. There is also an official "Windfields Farm" Facebook group people can join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information OP, I'll check out the sites.

      Delete