2012-02-07

Canis Lupus

I recently came across some images of wolves from another photographer, Dan Newcomb. Dan has some outstanding shots of captive wolves from a wildlife centre near Golden BC.

This sent me back into my image library to review my own wolf images taken on three separate visits to the Muskoka Wildlife Centre. At Muskoka, we were allowed in the wolf enclosure to photograph a pair of adult wolves, Akaya and Montana. Although this particular pair are captive and accustomed to human presence, I still felt a rush from being close to these magnificent creatures with no barrier between us.

Here are some of the "up close and personal" shots that I have managed during my all too few visits to the centre.

wolf mates


Akayla


Montana


stalking


the stare


It's time to
think about a return visit.

DJE

6 comments:

  1. Just "wow...".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... ya, these animals bring out that kinda feeling Ian.

      Delete
  2. Incredible DOUG! I have a passion with wolves. I have an alaskan malamute just because he looks like that. love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your passion for these animals.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nice words about my wolf images!

    Dan Newcomb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan,
      You are welcome and any praise is well deserved. I'm inspired by your images. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete