2011-06-20

Photo of the Week 2011-06-20

path to the light - B&W

One of my goals for our trip to Newfoundland was to capture sunrise at Cape Spear, the eastern most point on land in North America. Unfortunately I did not come home with that image. The 1-1/2 hr time difference and sunrise at 5:00 am made it 3:30 am Guelph time (which I was still on, the only day with a clear morning while we were in St. John's) made me pass with hopes to catch it later in the week. Weather did not cooperate Friday or Saturday so the image, for me, remains to be made.

We visited Cape Spear shortly after landing in St. John's. There was a blustery wind making it difficult to make images without moving. I'm sure it was a calm day for Newfoundland, but rough weather by my standards.

My son Matt saw the colour version of this on my monitor an commented that it would look great in gritty B&W ... I think he's right, but here's the colour version for those who'd like to decide for themselves.

path to the light


DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment