2011-06-13

Photo of the Week 2011-06-13

Planning for "The Rock"


A week of vacation and travel to Newfoundland for my first ever visit to "The Rock" has me jacked up and ready to go. The plan is to spend the first couple of days in St. John's to experience and capture the culture and scenery. Signal Hill, Cape Spear, the Battery and Downtown St. John's are all on the must visit list before we depart for the next two nights in Twillingate. I'm sure the drive (6hrs.) will be made much longer and very enjoyable by numerous stops to soak in the scenery, ocularly and digitally.

We have heard that there are no icebergs to be seen in Twillingate which is extremely unfortunate but I'm sure the scenery will not disappoint. The return trip to St. Johns will likely take us along the NE coast
to Bonavista, Trinity and Dildo ('cause I just have to stop here and make a snapshot of the town sign).

Back in St. John's for a couple of nights with a day trip to places yet unknown and I hope to be decompressed with a library of images that will take weeks or months to fully appreciate.

Later ...

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment