2011-06-27

Photo of the Week 2011-06-27

past it's glory


On the 5th day of our recent vacation to Newfoundland we rolled into Bonavista after a few hours of driving in cold rainy weather and stopped for a quick coffee before setting out to drive around the town. The weather worsened, the wind was buffeting the car and carrying the rain nearly sideways. I had not yet become accustomed to how the streets just seem to go off in every direction but decided to wander and see what we could.
It was only a couple of minutes before I spotted this old weathered fishing shack and boat near the shore. Envisioning a gritty B&W image, I parked and got out of the car discovering that it was going to be a challenge to make decent images given the weather. I had difficulty standing still in the blustery wind and the rain managed to find my front lens element no matter which way it was pointed or how I tried to protect it. Undaunted, I made a few images at this location, wiping the lens down before each exposure.
I'm very happy that I stuck with it ... this just may be my favourite image of the entire trip.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment