2011-05-09

Photo of the Week 2011-05-09

cloud over waves

Point Pelee, the southernmost point of mainland Canada was my destination after finishing my work week in Windsor on Friday afternoon. The weather had been unsettled throughout the day with intermittent rain and heavy cloud and seemed to be breaking up just in time.

I made a stop in Leamington to visit the Ferry Dock and caught the Jiimaan coming in from Pelee Island along the edge of a storm front. Later I headed for Point Pelee National Park and specifically the southern tip of the park with is just south of the 42nd parallel and the southernmost point of mainland Canada. There are more images to be catalogued and processed but this one presented itself just as I was leaving the tip to head home. A single cloud moved in and covered the sun as it was nearing the horizon ... a lovely end to my first trip to this unique location.

DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment