2011-05-02

Photo of the Week 2011-05-02

My second annual spring photography trip to Algonquin Park began with promises of clearing skies and warming temperatures. A week of unsettled weather was reluctantly clearing out of Southern Ontario just in time for the weekend.

I arrived in Algonquin with time for a evening drive along Hwy 60 to see if there were any moose venturing out to roadside as dusk fell. It is a bit of a gamble as to whether or not the moose are active and that they will be feeding along the road as you drive by. I caught a glimpse at two separate locations and in both cases the animals were skittish, heading for the cover of the forest as I approached ... it was going to be a challenge this year...

The next morning, I headed east on Hwy 60 about 20 minutes before sunrise and was presented with a fiery orb rising into a cloudless sky. If the moose were not going to cooperate, the weather appeared that it would. A couple of stops to shoot the morning scenery and nearly an hour into my morning brought me to a section of the highway overlooking Smoke Lake. There was a heavy fog bank on the water at the far side of the lake ... scenes like this are meant to be captured and shared.

Smoke Lake Morning


DJE

1 comment:

  1. ... scenes like this are meant to be captured and shared

    so very true.

    ReplyDelete