2010-01-11

Photo of the Week 2010-01-11

Tews - The Base - Winter 2010

I had an opportunity to join some photographers from the Hamilton area on a hike to the base of Tews Falls this past Sunday. I have wanted to hike to the base and shoot this falls from below for some time. It's reported to be a 30 min hike in, winter weather made it a tad longer.
An overcast day would be optimum for capturing this falls, but there was blue sky with little cloud overhead for our cold trek to the base. At 41m high this falls is 10m shorter than Niagara Falls and the flow is not much more than a trickle in comparison, but it presents a picturesque scene in any season.
This is on my list of locations to return to at different times of the year. Now that I have been shown the way in, I'm committed to going back to capture more of the beauty the area has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment