2010-01-25

Photo of the Week 2010-01-25

This weekend’s photo trek was planned for McLeans Auto Wreckers, a familiar and normally inspiring location. I was eagerly anticipating a fair amount of snow partially burying the rusting hulks. Weather was not cooperating and the conditions I expected would not be. As Saturday approached with the forecast for overcast skies and higher temps, I decided to gear up with a couple of lenses that would allow me to capture something different. I went with my Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro for DoF effects and the Lensbaby Composer for that “Lensbaby” look. Both of these allowed me to capture the familiar scenes around McLeans in unique ways. It was a both a creative recharge and quite an enjoyable outing.

magic bus

This image illustrates the extreme narrow depth of field when shooting at larger apertures with the Sigma. I am pleased with the results I get shooting this way. Those that know my photographic eye, will recognise the style. I am drawn to the colours on the vehicle in this image as the layers of paint weather, fade and peel away.

No comments:

Post a Comment