2023-11-27

Photo of the Week 2023-11-27

 
During last month's Superior Wild and Scenic Photo Retreat we visited several locations on Lake Superior. Most were known to me from previous travels in the area but one in particular was not and oh what a treat it was.

Calm waters were not expected but they did allow for some unique waveless images on the rocky headland at Coldwater Cove. I ended up with quite a collection showing the interesting and accessible rock formations. Sneak previews when I was downloading after they days shoot had me excited for one or two but with well over a dozen it was difficult to know where to start, so I'll just start.

' wave action worn '
I had switched out lenses to the 17-40 wide angle zoom in order to get more in the frame and include more of the interesting formations in the foreground. I also used a polarizer to tame some of the glare and reflection from the strong mid-day sun, both on the rock and the water.
 
This is certainly a location that I plan to get back to for some more shooting.
 
DJE

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - says Lake Superior immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FG!
      Sorry for the tardy reply, I've had issues leaving comments from my Google profile, fixed now I hope.

      Delete