2023-12-04

Photo of the Week 2023-12-04

 
I found that my images from our Retreat visit to Coldwater Cove group nicely into 2 sets. The first featured interesting foregrounds using the rock formations and patterns along the shoreline. This week's image introduces the 2nd set which features magnificent lake-bed colours and shapes, seen through the calm, clear Lake Superior water.
 
I've been eager to get to this set of images since reviewing them on the back LCD of my camera almost 2 months ago.
 
 
' revealed VII '

I really owe our Retreat leader, Andrew McLachlan, a big shout out for calling me out to join him on a large rock outcrop in the water. He asked if I was using a polarizing filter and suggested that with the glare removed, there were interesting patterns below the water. Well there certainly were and much more than that, there were magnificent colours.

A considerable amount of time was spent scrambling around on that rock. Making sure to keep my balance, lest I plunge camera and all into the cold water. Many different compositions were created and I came away with two handfuls that I'm prepared to share. This first image is not the first made but the first that had me thinking WOW!
 
More to come ... 


DJE

1 comment: