2023-12-25

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! - Photo of the Week 2023-12-25

For the first time I can remember, I am not spending Christmas morning at home. I will not wake up in "my own bed". I will not make my way down to our living room and see stockings and wrapped gifts around the base of the tree. That is not to say I won't enjoy a Very Merry Christmas because I most certainly will ...

... at Matt & Claire's, Revolve Farms, where we will be blessed to spend time with family and enjoy holiday cheer in one of the most warm and inviting places I have experienced. We will spend some warm family time with our boys and their lovely partners. Fortune truly touches me.

' Merry Christmas from Revolve Farms '
A bit of the backstory on this image ... as we prepared for our visit to Revolve Farms, I had not been looking ahead to my next blog post and realized that Monday would be Christmas and I needed an appropriate image. With not much snow, nor opportunity for a seasonal vibe, I decided to leave it until we got to the farm and capture some of the lovely decorations I knew Claire would have arranged. Christmas Eve morning, I was setting up my temporary computer desk and the idea to capture the lit tree, reflection in the window and timber frame beyond came to my mind. The morning light was arriving and for the right balance I needed to work quickly. My cameras were out of reach and I grabbed the trusty phone for this image :-O

DJE
 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Doug. Looks like you're going to have a good one. All the Best in the New Year too. I will continue to keep in touch through your pictures and reminisce about the good old Lafarge Keele St days. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete