2023-04-24

Photo of the Week 2023-04-24

 
' pietà '
 
The local photo group I belong to made arrangements for access to the interior of the Basilica of Our Lady Immaculate. With some restrictions, we were generously allowed to roam about and photograph at our leisure for a couple of hours during one of the quieter times. 
 
When we arrived, I dropped my gear off in a corner that would not interfere with the others, set up for a pre-planned shot of the main ceiling and then wandered around. As I explored, I noticed sunlight through the stained glass windows was creating coloured pools at various points around the interior. I watched these points and waited until the late afternoon sun reached a position where light from one window spilled onto this sculpture.
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment