2023-04-03

Photo of the Week 2023-04-03

 
A couple of weeks ago, a friend asked if I would meet with him to discuss infrared photography. He had seen some of my work and was curious about the equipment I used and processes involved. He has a piano service business in town and we met at his showroom / workshop.
 
I was treated to a quick tour around before we got started. Now my knowledge of pianos is very limited to say the least, but I was intrigued by the patterns, textures and details I saw. So after we concluded our chat about infrared, I asked if I could come back some time and wander around with my camera(s). He graciously agreed and when we met again several days later, I was prepared to let myself loose... in detail and shallow depth of field mode.
 
' tightly strung '

Using a couple of different lenses, my 70mm f/2.8 macro and 50mm f/1.4, I returned to a style of photography that I have not enjoyed for some time. A handful or more years ago, shallow depth of focus was something I used quite frequently in my images.  
 
DJE 

No comments:

Post a Comment