2022-04-04

Photo of the Week 2022-04-04


With some time to spare during a visit to Eastern Ontario and the Ottawa area, I headed to Pakenham, somewhere I had been meaning to revisit for almost 10 years ...
 
' spring arches '

 
For me, the main attraction in this quaint little village is the Five Span Stone Arch Bridge, reportedly the only stone bridge of it's kind in continental North America. I'll leave you to use the link provided or Google it yourself to enjoy learning about this unique, historic, Ontario bridge.

A dull and overcast sky had me thinking of black and white at first, but then I imagined a splash of false colour using infrared. Looking for a n interesting composition, I went about making images on both sides of the river and both upstream and downstream of the bridge. Water in Ontario's Mississippi River was high from the spring melt, flowing fast and full through all five of the arches and I tread carefully on the slippery riverside rock to get this feature image.

 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment