2021-09-13

Photo of the Week 2021-09-13

 
It has been a while, it seems, since I've wandered about with a camera in urban settings. 'Street Photography' has never really been my thing, but I used to enjoy regular walks in different urban areas with my photo friends.

This past weekend, with COVID restrictions lifting, the Guelph Photographers Guild held it's first outing in several months. It was good to get out, good to walk with some other photographers, good to renew face to face friendships.

The location chosen was Historic Downtown Cambridge, Ontario (a.k.a. Old Galt), and several of us enjoyed a morning outing along the banks of the Grand River, the Old Mill ruins, some downtown streets and pathways. Much of the area was familiar from previous visits, but I let my photographer's eye roam, searching for something 'new' to shoot. Standing in front of an imposing old building wondering what it was, I looked up and saw it's name against a delicately clouded sky.

The Old Galt Public Library - B&W
 
DJE

No comments:

Post a Comment