2021-09-27

Photo of the Week 2021-09-27

Several years ago I began photographing a particular stand of trees. In a farm field along the road just north of the Keady intersection, they stood along the crest of a rise with the sky as background. 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shortly after making my first image I had the idea to capture the scene, in different conditions, from different angles. The collection set of images became the "Keady Trees" (you can view the set via the hyper-link below).

Along the way, the building sheltering behind was removed and one tree took on a lean. Earlier this year, in winter, I was shocked to see that they all had been cut down.
 
 
All that remained was a pile of brush and root remnants that was burned in the spring ...



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With their demise I decided to review what I had documented, process some additional images and wrap up the series with one final look ...

' Gone '

 
DJE
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment