2021-09-06

Photo of the Week 2021-09-06

The forest cycle ...
 
' down and decaying '

With COVID, crowding, controls and constraints, accessing the public areas of 'the Bruce' has become a "crap" show over the past few years. Parking reservations required weeks in advance at most BPNP locations now make impromptu outings impossible. Quick walks at Little Cove, Halfway Log Dump and Burnt Point now all demand parking and daily use fees totalling $20 per visit. And don't get me started on the annual passes. I bought a Family Discovery Pass last year before they closed the f'n park to visitors making my $130 pass fee a donation to the Federal Government since whey would not honour an extension into this season. 
 
This has had a significant impact on my photography. I now spend most of my time staying at our place or on local roads and secondary trails. Sunsets and skies with occasional wildlife is the usual subject matter around the England abode. Wildflowers, trees, forest light, with a critter now and then catch my eye on my modified treks.
 
The sights and scenes can be different and can require a different "eye" ... in this case B&W.
So this week I bring you 'down and decaying' ... like my hopes for a return to 'the Bruce' that brought me to the area. Will I find my peninsula muse again, or just 'move' on ... time will tell.
 
DJE

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT ..WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT AS WELL IN COLOR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. Interesting that you should mention a colour version. I just posted it to my flickr stream - D

      https://www.flickr.com/photos/dje-pix/51450825785

      Delete